Meet Attorney Ralph Torres in Fresno, California
Señor Torres habla español.
Mr. Torres has extensive knowledge of the California Penal and Evidence Codes. He is highly trained in trial preparation and presentation of complex criminal cases, which include homicides and capital murder cases. Mr. Torres has litigated well over 100 felony jury trials to verdict over the past 25 years, many of which were highly publicized in the media. He has represented numerous clients accused of murder and acquitted after jury trial.
In 2005, Mr. Torres represented a man named Marcus Wesson in the biggest mass-murder trial in Fresno County history: People v. Marcus Wesson. In 2009, Mr. Torres won an acquittal for Phillip Landry who was accused of the home-invasion robbery and assault of a retired judge and his wife: People v. Phillip Landry. Also in 2009, Mr. Torres represented Mr. Clifford Finch, a Vietnam veteran accused of assaulting Fresno police with a gun after a high-speed chase. He was left partially paralyzed by police gunfire. Just before the trial was to begin, the case was resolved and Mr. Finch did not serve one day in jail.
Education and Credentials
- School of Law, University of California, Davis, Juris Doctorate, 1987
- Fresno State University, Fresno, California, B.S., Business Administration, 1982
- Admitted to Practice Law by the State Bar of California, 1987, Bar # 131157
- Member, Fresno County Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California State Public Defender's Association
- State Bar of California
- La Raza Lawyers Association, Central Valley Chapter (Member, 1988-Present; Vice President, 2008; President, 2009)